Friday 28 October 2011

Magnificent 7 Ride

Once Upon a Time in Wiltshire...

Our next event now has a confirmed date: Saturday 28 January 2012.

This is our 1 day, 600 point, 7 game bonanza (yes I'm trying for Western tie-ins here). Each game will be a shoot-out with your opponent and the quickest on the draw is likely to win.

I'll stop now.

Tickets will be available from 5th November and are priced at £13 for the day including lunch. Rules Pack will be uploaded on the 5th as well assuming no spelling mistakes are found...

We've worked it out so that you get 55 minutes per game and 20 minutes rest in between. Going to be a very busy day. You'll need a Fistful of Dice. So if you've always fancied starting a new army and starting small then this is the event for you. Come on over to Wiltshire and join our Posse.

Oh dear. Sorry.

3 comments:

Rathstar said...

Hi,

Have you decided whether it'll be combat patrol rules ?

Eg. Will I need a character, will I be able to field a predator ?

Rathstar

PS. Thanks again for the very enjoyable MAD 2011 :)

Von said...

Howdy,
My pleasure on MAD. Glad you had a good time.

Mag 7 will be Combat Patrol with slight modifications. It's the only way I've come across to really keep 40K working at 600 points.

The basic Force Org will be (subject to last minute alterations)
0 HQ
0-1 Elite
1-3 Troops
0-2 Fast
0-1 Heavy

Usual vehicle restrictions of armour 33 or under (F+R+S)

So to answer your 2 quick examples:
No and, erm, No :-)

Just tweaking the army comp stuff at the moment and it should be ready on Saturday.

Rathstar said...

Hi,

Liking the force org chart. It stops elite and heavy slot spam, plus it forces hard choices.

The tournament will give me a nice deadline to finish painting up the start of it to tournament standard at least.

Looking forward to the final rules pack - I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't invalidate my draft list :)

Rathstar